Queen Mary London Scholarship is currently available for all international students who wish to study in London.
For students at Queen Mary, this scholarship offers free accommodation for the duration of your course plus an annual allowance of £4,000 for living expenses.
University is a big investment in your future. Each year, Queen Mary supports our undergraduate and postgraduate students through a generous package of scholarships.
We also provide undergraduate bursaries, which are based on household income and financial needs.
Open to students from care or low household incomes who do not currently live within the M25.
We have a wide range of opportunities for undergraduate, master, and Ph.D. students.
Most scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit.
Our database of scholarships and bursaries shows what’s on offer, the eligibility criteria for each, and how you can apply.
Some may have conditions depending on the course, school or faculty, and all are subject to Queen Mary’s terms and conditions.
Queen Mary provides a generous range of bursaries for undergraduate students.
These are awarded based on household income or financial need and are generally for Home students only.
Information about Queen Mary University
Queen Mary University is a public research university in London, England, and a constituent college of the Federal University of London.
It was founded in 1785 by the London Hospital Medical School.
Queen Mary has a long, proud and distinctive history built on four historic institutions stretching back to 1785 and beyond.
All four institutions were founded to improve the lives of people with less privilege. St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College and The London Hospital Medical College were established to improve the health of the local communities in the City and east London.
Westfield College and Queen Mary College provided education to women and working-class communities in the East End, respectively, at a time when these groups faced extreme barriers to education.
Student Activities at Queen Mary London University
Information relating to the operation and activities of the Students’ Union and other clubs, associations, and non-academic activities that are organized for or by the students can also be included where this information is held by the University.
- Queen Mary Students’ Union
- Student Central
- Prospective students (undergraduate)
- Prospective students (postgraduate)
Queen Mary London Scholarship
There are a number of sources of funding available for Undergraduate, Master, and Ph.D. students for 2023/24 entry.
These include a significant package of competitive Queen Mary bursaries and scholarships in a range of subject areas, as well as external sources of funding.
Our database enables you to search for scholarships via study level, school, country, or all.
Queen Mary London Scholarship Student requirements
- Scholarship Name: Queen Mary Global Excellence Scholarships (UG)
- Academic Year: 2023
- Scholarship amount: £2000
- Nationality: Any
- Level: Undergraduate
- Course: Bachelor’s degrees in the Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Country: Overseas
- No. of awards: Unlimited
This scholarship is offered to all students from different countries of the world outside Britain.
The scholarship is only for students who wish to study law.
The scholarship provides generous funding of up to 12 thousand pounds per year.
The Queen Mary Global Excellence Scholarships are for undergraduates entering with A*AA (or international equivalent) in the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
This is intended to attract the most talented students from around the world to study with us. These are for those who pay overseas fees.
There are other awards available for Home/EU students.
This scholarship is worth £2,000 for your first year of study only.
Also, The scholarship will be deducted directly from tuition fees payable to the university for the first year of your studies.
To be eligible to receive the scholarship students must have achieved grades of A*AA at A-Level (in the subjects specified in the offer) or the equivalent.
- Firstly, You must have achieved grades of Overseas equivalent of A*AA at A-Level
- Secondly, You must be paying full tuition fees (i.e. not in receipt of another scholarship)
- Thirdly, You must be enrolling in year 1 (i.e., transfers into year 2 or advanced entry are not eligible).
- Fourthly, This scheme is available only to students who apply for and enroll in a course led by the Faculty of Science and Engineering in the 2023/24 academic year. Joint course eligibility is clarified at the bottom of this page. Students who decide to defer their place to a future intake may risk losing their scholarship.
- Fifthly, This is a one-off payment in your first year. You must be able to finance the remainder of your tuition fees and living expenses.
- However, If you are currently following the Queen Mary International Science and Engineering Foundation Programme (ISEFP) you will be considered for the scholarship if you achieve over 80% in your foundation year.
- Also, Students undertaking the Science and Engineering Foundation program are not eligible for the Global Excellence Scholarship either in their foundation year or upon progression to Year 1. Students taking non-Queen Mary Foundation Programmes should contact the admissions office to discuss eligibility.
- Finally, You must select Queen Mary as your firm choice. Those who enter via clearing or after naming Queen Mary as an insurance choice are not eligible for this award.
How to apply to Queen Mary University
- First Step: All applicants must apply online for undergraduate degree courses at Queen Mary University of London.
- The application is via the UCAS portal (the official website for applying to British universities): the site can be accessed by clicking here.
- Note: While applying, you must make sure to choose the university code Q50.
- Second Step: After obtaining acceptance, eligible students will be automatically nominated for the scholarship.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable evidence.
- Kindly check the English Language Requirements section for more details.
- Firstly, High School certificate.
- Secodly, Transcript of grades.
- Then, English language certificate (IELTS or TOEFL).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Motivation letter.
- A copy of the passport and a personal photo.
- Finally, SAT or ACT certificate, if any.
for more updates, comment, share, and subscribe.