NYCHA self-service login – get access to different services such as bill payment, account management, etc, accessible to all users of the New York City housing authorities portal. Log in or create an NYCHA account here.
The New York City housing authority is the largest municipal housing agency in America, with over 500,000 registered residents and developments. It is a public development corporation that offers decent affordable housing to low and moderate-income residents of New York City.
Subsequently, the NYCHA self-service portal is an online portal that helps residents in New York City to apply for public housing, pay their rents, monitor current NYCHA residents, and get access to 24/7 online customer service.
However, to use the NYCHA self-service portal, you must register under the new York city authority online. In the sequel to this, we will look at the requirements for registering with NYCHA, how to register, and your stance as an NYCHA applicant, NYCHA tenant or a section 8 voucher holder.
NYCHA Self-service Login | Online Registration and Requirements
As mentioned earlier, residents who are registered with the NYCHA stand to benefit a lot. Some of the benefits of the NYCHA self-service portal include that residents will be able to:
- Monitor their rent history;
- Pay their rents online at the portal;
- Remain updated with recent developments around;
- upload and store confidential/official documents in the portal; and
- get access to online customer care service at any time.
Therefore it is important that all residents of New York city register with the NYCHA.
However, one must meet certain requirements to be able to register with the new York city housing authorities. These requirements include:
- firstly, you must have a valid email address and social security number;
- secondly, you must have applied for public housing or sector 8 with NYCHA;
- Also, existing owners must have a vendor tax ID while new owners must have a pin or a pin and vendor tax ID
- similarly, you must have an active section 8 voucher; and
- lastly, you must be listed as a household head on the public housing or section 8 voucher.
If you have these qualifications then you are fit to register with NYCHA. To register with NYCHA follow the steps below:
- first of all, visit the NYCHA self-service registration page;
- Click on create an account;
- there are two categories for registration thus Existing Owners and New Owners. Existing owners have to enter their vendor number and vendor tax ID/SSN to continue. New users have to enter a pin(if you are yet to submit a new lease up request) or a pin and vendor tax ID(if you have already submitted lease up documents);
- afterwards, click on proceed to continue;
- now, you have to complete the online registration form with your name, social security number, date of birth and email address;
- similarly, generate a username and password and submit;
- Finally, you will receive an account verification email, open the email and click on the verification link in it to proceed to the NYCHA portal log-in page.
NYCHA Self-Service Login
After registering with the NYCHA, the next thing to do is to log in to your user portal and enjoy the privileges of being a member. To login to the NYCHA self-service portal, follow the steps below:
- Visit the NYCHA official site;
- Click on owners on the homepage;
- On the page, click on the red text that read ‘Go to the Owner Extranet’;
- Clicking on that text will take you to the login page, enter your username and password and click on ‘section 8 owner login’ to enter your portal.
Alternatively, if you just completed registration, you have to use the verification link that was sent to you via email after registration, to log in. Otherwise, you will be restricted from logging in until you do so.
What is NYCHA Portal?
NYCHA portal is an exclusive self-service portal where registered residents can create and manage work tickets for their apartments, pay rent, monitor their rent history, get the latest information on their area, and access constant customer care service.
How much does NYCHA pay per hour?
NYCHA pays $29.98 per hour.
What is a section 8 voucher?
The section 8 voucher, also known as the housing choice voucher, is a document that authorizes the payment of rental housing assistance to private landlords on behalf of low-income households in America.
How does NYCHA verify income?
NYCHA uses residents’ recertification documents to determine household income of residents.
Finally, visit our website at www.strousam.com for more updates.