Nigeria prison service recruitment – the portal for recruitment into the Nigeria prison service is currently open. Participate in this recruitment exercise and apply for a job in the Nigeria prison service.
The recruitment exercise of the Nigerian prison service has commenced. This recruitment starts with an online application. Applicants will be selected based on desired qualifications. Apply under the Nigeria prison service by visiting and completing an application form at the recruitment portal.
In this post, you will learn all about the Nigerian prison service. More so, you will get access to the official recruitment portal. Also, you will learn the requirements for the Nigeria prison service recruitment, and how to apply properly.
The Nigeria prison service is also known as the Nigeria correctional service. It is concerned with the responsibility of promoting public safety through the assistance of offenders/prisoners in their rehabilitation and reformation.
The origin of the Nigeria prison service dates back to 1968 when native authority prisons were abolished. Since then, the Prison Service was tasked with taking custody of those legally detained, determining the causes of their behaviour, and retraining them to become productive members of society.
Furthermore, other functions of the prison service include taking custody of all who have been certified as such by the court of law. Determine the sources of the antisocial tendencies of such people. Produce supects when needed in court.
Moreso, they set in motion mechanisms for the treatment and training of prisoners in preparation for eventual reintegration into society as law-abiding citizens when released. Similarly, the service manages prisons, farms, and industries for this purpose and generates revenue for the government in the process.
Due to the nature of prisons in Nigeria, people often paint the prison service black. The Nigerian prison service is not what biased reviews make it look like. Unlike that, it is well managed with humanitarian conditions.
The Nigeria prison service also several career opportunities. Similarly, this recruitment exercise is to recruit people into these career paths.
Nigeria Prison Service Recruitment Requirements
To participate in the Nigeria prison service recruitment, certain requirements must be available. This requirement qualifies you to apply for any job in the Nigerian prison service.
The requirements for the Nigeria prison service include:
- Firstly, applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth, marriage or naturalization.
- Sequel to that, applicants must possess an identification document.
- Furthermore, applicants must be well-mannered and calm.
- Also, applicants must be able to work under duress.
- Knowing how to use computers will be of more credit.
- You must have an NYSC discharged/exemption certificate.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills and a B.Sc., NCE, HND, or OND certificate in a similar field from an accredited institution.
- Motivation to learn and achieve results.
- Will be ready to work in a new setting.
- Previous work experience is advantageous.
- Finally, all applicants must have a minimum of five credits in no more than two sittings of the National Examination Council (NECO), West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE)
Nigeria Prison Service Recruitment | How to Apply
Applying for any job in the Nigerian prison service is done at the service’s recruitment portal. However, the steps for applying and the portal for the application are here.
To apply for a job in the Nigeria prison service, follow these steps:
- Firstly, visit the Nigeria prison service recruitment website;
- Secondly, navigate to the career tab from the menu;
- Thirdly, select the job you want;
- Fill out the application form that that job; and
- Finally, submit your application.
In addition, if your application is approved, you will be notified via email. Additionally, candidates who are recruited will be notified via email of the date and location of their screening.
Nigeria Prison Service Recruitment Deadline
Meanwhile, the Nigerian Ports Authority has yet to announce a deadline for its recruitment program. However, the recruitment will end when the desired number of employees has been gotten. We bid you apply as soon as possible if you want to succeed.
In addition, we will continue to update this article as this recruitment exercise progresses. Consequentially, try to revisit this article regularly to stay updated.
Is the NPS recruitment form out?
the Nigerian Prison Service recruitment form is out. access the Recruitment form at the recruitment portal.
What is the salary range in the NPS?
there is no specific salary range at the NPS. workers in the service are paid based on their positions and the district they operate in.
How do I apply for the NPS?
apply for jobs in the Nigerian prison Service by filling out the recruitment form at the recruitment portal.
How long is DSSC training?
DSSC training lasts for two weeks.