Jos ministry of health recruitment – are you a job seeker in Plateau state? Do you have an educational background in basic medical sciences or environmental sciences? Have you had any job in the health sector before? If your answer to these questions is yes, then this is for you.
The ministry of health in the plateau is currently recruiting workers for different jobs in the hospitals, clinics, health centres and pharmacies in the state. The state government wants to improve the standard of living in the state which involves restructuring its ministries.
In the last administration, many health ministries in the state were neglected. This led to mismanagement and subsequent retardation in the growth and development of the state.
Sequel to this, the priority of the new administration is to revert these ministries including the health ministry to their original standard.
This reformation which started last year has impacted several ministries in the state and the focus is now on the ministry of health. On inspection, it was gathered that many hospitals and health centres in the state do not have adequate staff for maximum operation.
Also, the state of the hospitals in the state was nothing to write home about. Sequel to this, the state government foresaw the reconstruction and construction of new hospitals in the state. In addition to this, many clinics with the necessary equipment were distributed at the grassroots level.
To cap off this reformation, the state government in unity with the ministry of health, are recruiting new workers into the ministry. This recruitment is very important to the state and at such a promising opportunity for job seekers.
However, many aspirants have not been able to participate in this recruitment exercise. This is because the recruitment is online. However, this article provides all the necessary information for this recruitment. Learn about the Jos ministry of health recruitment and how to apply here.
Jos recruitment requirement
The recruitment into the Jos ministry of health is open to everyone. However, only applicants with the qualifications to work in the ministry of health are eligible to apply.
Moreover, the state government aims at reforming the ministry into one with the capabilities and equipment to deliver quality, efficient and effective health services in the state. To achieve this, only the best quality workers will be hired.
In addition, this recruitment exercise is free. The qualifications that certify one eligible for recruitment into the Jos ministry of health are the only requirements for this recruitment. They are as follows:
- To begin with, all applicants must be of Nigerian descent or citizens of Nigeria;
- Every candidate must present a legitimate form of identification. It could be an international passport, a national identity card, a voter’s card, a driver’s license, or even a national identity number (NIN) slip;
- The age range for applicants must be between 18 and 35. People in this age group are thought to be in superior physical and general health;
- In addition to the aforementioned requirement, candidates must provide a current birth certificate or an affidavit of declaration of age;
- State-issued identification document. State natives have a better probability to get the job than others;
- A minimum of 5 credits in 5 subjects, including English and Mathematics, must have been earned in not more than two sittings for the West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE), National Examination Council (NECO), or General Certificate of Education (GCE);
- Candidates need to hold a first degree or a Higher National Diploma (HND) from a recognized university in related courses. Note: It’s crucial to have at least a Second Class (Lower Division) degree;
- Good communication and writing abilities;
- Ability to document with database management software (clerical staff only).
Available positions under the Jos ministry of health
Applicants can apply for jobs in any of the vacant positions in the ministry. Each job opening has many slots. You will learn more about this at the ministry of health recruitment website.
Available positions include:
- Community health extension worker;
- Laboratory scientist;
- Nutrition officer;
- Medical doctor;
- Medical Director;
- Laboratory technologists; and
- Environmental health officer.
Jos ministry of health recruitment | how to apply
The Jos ministry of health recruitment is online at the official recruitment website. To apply for a job under the ministry of health, follow the procedures here:
- Firstly, visit the Jos ministry of health recruitment website;
- Click on the “three lines/dashes” in the top right corner of the portal once it has loaded to bring up a menu of options.;
- Go to the list and choose login;
- Click “sign-up” in the login dialogue box to proceed;
- Continue by accurately entering your personal information, including your full name, address, mobile number, date of birth, and, if applicable, an email address;
- Please list your credentials and/or certifications from school;
- Also, upload your supporting documentation, including a clear photocopy of your passport, transcripts, and proof of identity from the government.
- Continue to submit;
- Last but not least, watch for a reply to the registration email.
In conclusion, the recruitment portal for this recruitment is not yet open. However, it is good to know how to apply now.
Also, we shall continue to update this article as the Jos ministry of health recruitment progresses. Try to visit this page again for updates.
Finally, visit our website at www.strousam.com for similar updates. We shall attend to questions on this topic through the comment section.