The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program was established by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education institutions to attract top foreign students to enroll in their masters and PhD programs. To this end, the Eiffel Scholarships 2024 are currently open to applications from international students.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs created the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship 2024 Program to provide annual training for future foreign decision-makers in the public and private sectors in degree programs at the Master’s and Doctoral levels. Applications are submitted exclusively by French higher education institutions.
The Eiffel Scholarships 2024 also provides internship opportunities for students to acquire professional competence and put to use skills and knowledge gained from their academic training in order to obtain a degree or certification. Interns will receive one or more assignments related to their study program as defined by their academic program and approved by the host organization. Students wishing to complete an internship must request and obtain an internship agreement from their academic institution.
Eiffel Scholarships 2024 | Eligibility Criteria
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program gives opportunity to the future foreign decision-makers of the private and public sectors in priority areas of study. To be eligible for the Scholarship program, applicants must meet the following:
- Must have obtained relevant certificates from institutions of higher learning.
- Demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Be up to 25 years old from
- developing countries at master’s level, and
- Be up to 30 years old from developing and industrialized countries at PhD level.
Areas of Study
The two main fields for the Eiffel scholarships cover the following seven areas of study for the Master’s and Doctorate elements:
For Humanities and Social Sciences
- History, French language and civilization
- Law and political science
- Economics and management
For Science and Technology
- Biology and Health
- Ecological Transition
- Mathematics and Digital
- Engineering Sciences
Hence, if one of these is your area of study, then the Eiffel Scholarship program can sponsor you to pursue your education within it.
- Tuition fees are not covered by the Eiffel Program. Educational institutions are responsible for providing students the best possible financial support.
- Students admitted to public educational institutions are, as French government scholarship holders, exempted from enrolment fees.
- Master’s level : The Eiffel scholarship consist of a monthly allowance of €1,181 (a maintenance allowance of €1,031 and a monthly stipend of €150). In addition, the program covers various benefits including a round-trip international ticket, Health insurance and cultural activities.
- PhD level : The Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,400. In addition, the program covers various benefits including a round-trip international ticket, Health insurance and cultural activities.
- Students may also benefit from a housing allowance.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants have to apply through a French higher education institution through a number of stipulated steps.
Contact the Campus France office in your country of origin or the Cooperation and Culture Office of the French Embassy; both can advise you about your study plans. After that, contact the French educational institution or research organization by visiting its website or by emailing or telephoning its office of international relations to learn how to apply for admission (including the date by which your application must be received).
Also inform them of your wish to have the program consider you for an Eiffel Scholarship. Above all, it is your responsibility to choose the school or university that best suits your plans to study or conduct research in France. All French institutions of higher education can nominate candidates for Eiffel scholarships.
The educational institution accepts and supports your application for the Eiffel scholarship. The institution files your application online using Campus France’s dedicated website. The Eiffel Scholarship program will not accept applications that students or institutions outside France submit.
The call for applications and all other necessary information is available on the Campus France website.
Please note that only applications submitted by French higher education institutions are accepted.
- If you are a student with an interest in participating in the Eiffel program, visit here.
- If you are an institution and you have already participated in the Eiffel program, then you should have received an email concerning the download of application files. If that is not the case, please contact program anchor.
- If you are an institution participating for the first time in the Eiffel Program, then please contact program anchor in order to download the application files.
- Opening of the call for applications: October, 2023
- Deadline for the reception of applications by Campus France: January, 2024
- Publication of results: April, 2024